When Quickbook 6010 error occurs, it means your QB installation may have been modified and try to reinstall this application and start again. This error arises because of many reasons.
There are many solutions to solve this QuickBooks error 6010, some of them are-
SOLUTION 1 :
- Restart QB’s database server manager and rescan the company file.
- Start and click on all programs.
- Open the software and click on Quickbooks Database Server Manager.
- Select the scan folder.
- If no folders are present, click on add folder.
- Otherwise, with the files highlight the folder and click on scan.
- with heading ” Quickbooks company files found “, confirm that the company file in question shows in the bottom box.
- Try to open the file again and open QuickBooks icon again.
- Now try to sign in to your company file.
- If the same issue occurs, proceed to the next solution.
SOLUTION 2 :
- Open the folder that contains your company name.
- Search the file with extension.QBW.
- Right-click the file and then click on copy.
- Go to the desktop, and paste the copied file.
- Open QB’s so you are directed to the No Company Open window while holding down the control key.
- You have to click on Open or restore an existing company.
- Find the company file you copied and open, Navigate to the desktop.
The above answers for how to settle this error will without a doubt encourage the clients. They simply need to look after the above talked about solutions appropriately with a specific end goal to settle the error. Some of the time because of hardware issues, users are not able to solve the same. For this situation, one needs to contact the customer support team.